Lesson 1 Meine Familie und ich: Lesson Overview
This lesson covers the topic of family, looks at the regular verbs in the present tense and possessive adjectives as well as dealing with the project for the oral exam and the overall structure of the German Leaving Certificate paper.
Welcome to our 2021/22 Leaving Certificate German course.
This subject is delivered by our German teacher and Leaving Certificate Examiner Frau Medb Farrell.
- Family – describing, relationship with siblings, being eldest/youngest etc.
- School – subjects, rules, teachers, school building / atmosphere, school stress etc
- Free time – hobbies – reading, music, sports, friends etc
- Where you live – area, feelings about where you live, moving out etc
- My future – work, college etc
- Learning languages – how best to learn a language, why study German, what you do in German class, foreign exchange etc
- Holidays and a stay abroad – past tense last summer holiday, advantages and disadvantages of a stay abroad, types of holidays, activities on holidays etc
- Social problems – homelessness, unemployment and charities etc
- Technology – phones, internet, cyber bullying, online shopping, gaming, addiction to gaming etc
- Environment – renewable energies, pollution, how to save the environment etc
- Health – healthy eating, exercise etc
- Equality – gender pay gap, discrimination, refugees, prejudices etc
- Present Tense and Imperfect Tense
- Modal Verbs in present and imperfect
- Perfect and Pluperfect Tense
- Future, Conditional and the Subjunctive
- The Cases
- Adjective Endings
- Relative Pronouns
- Word Order and Conjunctions
- Pronouns – personal and question words
- Oral Exam – General Conversation and The Project
- Roleplays 1-5
- Bildergeschichten 1-5
Enrolment Now Open